Confirmation classes for 2012-2013 are currently underway. We meet each Sunday afternoon from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM in the Youth Room. Classes will continue until Palm Sunday, March 24, 2013.
Goals of Confirmation:
- Get a basic understanding of Christian beliefs, including the doctrine of the Trinity (God as Father, Son, & Holy Spirit), creation, sin, grace, faith, salvation, life as a follower of Jesus, etc.
- Learn the story of our faith as contained in the Old & New Testaments.
- Learn about the rich history of Christianity, including our own Methodist branch of the Christian tree.
- Learn about spiritual disciplines and practices which can build and strengthen our faith, i.e., worship, prayer, service to others, etc.
- Learn about God’s call on our lives and a life lived in service to God and our neighbor.
- Examine ways in which we can help transform our community and world through serving one another, by advocating for justice, and by offering acts of kindness, mercy, compassion, and love.
- Talk about our faith and beliefs in and about God, as well as what it means to be in an ongoing relationship with God.
Know Your Story.
Encounter the faith narrative from creation to Christianity.
Confirm Your Faith.
Embrace the essential beliefs and practices of The United Methodist Church.
Live Your Commitment.
Embody the confirmation vows and embark on the Christian discipleship journey.