Providence is committed to providing a Safe Sanctuary for all people who attend: The congregation of Providence United Methodist Church is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all children, volunteers, and employees who participate in ministries and activities sponsored by the church. Our congregation is commitmented to preserving this church as a holy place of safety and protection for all who would enter and as a place in which all people can experience the love of God through relationships with others. For more information about our Safe Sanctuary practices and policy in our youth ministries, please contact the church office at email@example.com.
Opportunities for Youth to learn and grow in their faith:
Club 4:12 is for youth ages 11 year old and under. This group takes its name from 1 Timothy 4:12, which says, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” (NIV) This group meets monthly for fun outings and study opportunities.
Youth-In-Action (Y.I.A.) is for youth ages 12 years old and up. This group’s motto is “We don’t have to, we get to!” This group meets weekly for Bible study, movies, mission outreach, as well as annual spiritual retreats (Spiritus, Gold Rush, etc.) and fun outings (biking on the Creeper Trail, etc.).
Other Youth opportunities:
- Providence offers an annual Vacation Bible School for the community in the summer (includes Bible study, crafts, fun & games, supper and snacks, and a fun water day to close out the week).
- Providence offers a Fall Festival for the community (includes Trunk-or-Treat, fun & games, and snacks).
- Providence offers a Children’s Sermon during the Traditional Service (10:30 AM Sunday).
- Providence provides a Children’s Church for youth under 8 years of age during the Traditional Worship Service.
- Children’s Offering: During the traditional worship service, children are invited to come forward and put their offering in a special offering plate.
- Providence provides a Nursery during our Traditional worship service.
- Providence involves our youth in worship through Acolytes lighting candles (training offered on a regular basis).
- Providence has a Praise Band during the Traditional Service, (made up primarily of marching band instruments harnessed in the service of the Lord!). The majority of the members of this muscial team are High School students.
- Youth are also an essential part of our annual Christmas pageant and Palm Sunday Celebrations.
- Providence offers annual Confirmation Classes for youth ages 12 years old and up. These classes offer an in depth look at our faith, beliefs, and practices as Christians and a time for discussion and reflection as youth wrestle with their faith and come to make their own profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Providence offers a Scholarship Program for its members.
- Providence makes an annual presentation of the The Jody Peeler Youth Citizenship Award. This special award, established in 2009, recognizes a youth in our church or community who exemplifies a positive Christian life, and who embodies a willingness to help and serve others in their home, in their church, as well as in their community.