The Legacy Fund: This fund was established through a generous gift for the purpose of funding and sustaining mission opportunities, projects, etc. Some of the work which has been done to this point through this ministry:
- Established 3 annual scholarships, $1,500 each, at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College for folks in the community who are re-tooling educationally due to the recent downturn in the economy. Providence has made a three year commitment (2011-2013) with this program. We named these after three members of our church who spent a large part of their lives as educators in the community college system: In Memory of Hilton Swindell, In Honor of John Wyatt, and In Honor of Gernal “Bud” Lowman.
- Purchased a Sparky the Dog costume for Union Volunteer Fire Department. This will used by volunteers from the fire department to help educate children about fire saftey and to help promote the importance of volunteers working together to help one another if and when an emergency occurs.
- Helped purchase a new church bus for adult and youth ministries – 2012.
- Purchased a computer for Morgan Elementary School to be used as a math lab.
- Purchased some math books for a class at Morgan Elementary School (children were being asked to share books due to a funding shortage).
- Helped fund another church’s puppet ministry at the NC coast.